The Rock also offers...
- MORE THAN A DOZEN SPANISH OLIVE OILS, INCLUDING ORGANIC, AT UNBEATABLE PRICES
- MORE THAN A DOZEN SPANISH VINEGARS, INCLUDING SHERRY RESERVAS, CAVA, BALSAMIC
- IMPORTED SPANISH SERRANO HAMS, CHORIZOS AND CHEESES
- PAELLA INGREDIENTS: SPANISH SAFFRON, PAPRIKA, AND PREMIUM RICES, INCLUDING BOMBA
- PAELLA PANS, EARTHEN COOKWARE & TABLEWARE, PORRONES, HAND PAINTED CERAMICS
- TURRONES, MEMBRILLO, PAN DE HIGO, MANTECADOS, POLVORONES
- THE BEST MADE TO-ORDER SANDWICHES AROUND
- TAKE-OUT HEAT 'N' EAT MEALS FROM IBERIA'S KITCHENS
- PARTY PLATTERS
- CATERING AND CORPORATE LUNCHEON PROGRAMS
- FRESH PRODUCE
- NIMAN RANCH MEATS AND FRESH PRODUCE
- FRESH BREADS AND HOME-MADE BAKED GOODS & DESSERTS
- HAND-MADE TABLE RUNNERS AND OTHER UNIQUE GIFT ITEMS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES AND GIFT BASKETS
- SPANISH BATH PRODUCTS, INCLUDING MAGNO AND MAJA SOAPS, BATH GELS AND LOTIONS
- HANDS-ON COOKING CLASSES, INCLUDING CORPORATE 'TEAM-BUILDING' CLASSESCall or Fax us and we will be happy to fax you our current menus.
FAX TELEPHONE 650.325.8723
Take the Train!
The Rock of Gibraltar Comestibles
is conveniently located opposite Caltrain.
1022 Alma Street, Menlo Park (between Ravenswood and Oak Grove)
PHONE ORDERS ALWAYS WELCOME: 650-327-0413
HOURS: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10:00-6:00; SATURDAY 11:00-4:00
OFFERING OFF-SITE CATERING
PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR WEDDINGS OF UP TO 150
Call or Fax us and we will be happy to fax you our current catering menus.
FAX TELEPHONE 650.325.8723.
Winter 2006 Cooking Class Schedule
PAELLA 101 – Chef Jose Luis demystifies this quintessential Spanish dish. In this one class, students will learn the theory of what makes a great paella, and will then master the technique with Jose Luis’ hands-on approach in IBERIA’S kitchens. Besides the traditional chicken and seafood paella, students will also vary ingredients to create an exciting, non-traditional paella . This is our most popular class and is a must for anyone serious about learning about Spanish cooking. Cost $85.00. Sunday, October 1th, 11:00 am. Meet at Iberia.
TAPAS – Great entertaining starts with fun finger food, and these tasty little tidbits are the ultimate in fun. We will prepare a variety and show you how easy it is to look like a pro in front of your guests and friends. We will prepare some hot tapas, some cold tapas, and show you how to prep ahead so you can enjoy your own party. Recipes will feature all-time favorites as well as an ever-expanding roster of new additions to our RED TERRIER PUBLIC HOUSE tapas menu. We will also show you how to make IBERIA’S patented sangria, a sure-fire way to get your party going! Cost $80.00. Sunday, October 8th, 11:00 am. Meet at Iberia.
THE BASQUE COUNTRY – Many of Spain’s top chefs hail from el Pais Vasco, where a tremendous culinary tradition features food that is earthy and simple, on the one hand, and sophisticated and ethereal on the other. We will sample both: piperrada, a sweet pepper-tomato casserole; pimientos relleno de bacalao, sweet pimiento peppers stuffed with salt cod; txipirones en su tinta, baby squid in ink sauce; cordero al ajo arriero, lamb braised in vinegar with paprika and whole garlic cloves. Cost $90.00 Sunday, October 15th, 11:00 am
GUISOS AND THE ART OF BRAISING - Guisos are the favorite way for Spaniards to cook at home. Perfect for casual entertaining and potlucks, these rustic, one-pot meals are perfect for the family-on-the-go, AND they are among the tastiest dishes you will find anywhere. Some of Iberia’s all-time favorites, like ternera con nueces (veal with walnuts and olives), cordero al chilindron (lamb with sweet peppers), artichoke hearts braised with fingerling potatoes and garlic, and slow-roasted duck will be deconstructed for you. Come to this class hungry – there will be an unforgettable feast waiting at the end. Cost $100.00. Sunday, October 22nd, 11:00 am. Meet at Iberia.
PAELLA UNDER THE STARS – Now that summer is almost here, we’re moving our most popular class to a mid-week evening on the patio. We set the mood with sangria and tapas, and we’ll light the fires if we need to take the chill out of the air. Then everybody rolls up their sleeves and gets cooking. As well as using a propane-fired tripod burner especially designed for cooking paellas, students will learn how to cook a paella on a Weber grill. This class offers a great opportunity to give yourself a mid-week treat! Join Chef Jose Luis as he lets students loose on IBERIA RESTAURANT’S patio to cook an authentic paella al fresco under the stars. Cost $90.00. Wednesday, October 18th, 6:00 pm. Meet at Iberia.
HOLIDAY MEALS DECONSTRUCTED – This comprehensive workshop is designed to help make the holidays deliciously rewarding – for the cook as well as the guests! Our emphasis will be on advance organization and using fresh ingredients, including making our own turkey stock. We will prepare a fresh turkey roast, with special dark meat braising technique, and well duck and goose. Side dishes, stuffing, gravy, and fresh cranberry relish. Rounding our the class will be a workshop on using fresh pumpkins and squashes, and we will prepare a roasted winter squash bisque as well as pumpkin pie from scratch. Cost $100.00. Sunday, November 5th, 11:00 am. Meet at Iberia.
A COOK’S TOUR OF GALICIA– The finisterre region of Spain is where the infamous Francisco Franco was born. Its food shows the strong Celtic influence of this region’s first inhabitants. We will create a wonderfully varied meal, including concha de Santiago, a deliciously bubbly, creamy scallop recipe, lacón con grelos, a hearty one-pot meal that is, perhaps, the signature dish of the region, lenguado al albariño, fillet of sole in a sauce made with the indigenous white wine, setas en salsa de avellanas, wild mushrooms in hazelnut sauce, and we will end our Galician feast with filloas , dessert crepes flavored with lemon zest. Cost $100.00. Sunday, November 12th, 11:00 am. Meet at Iberia.
IBERIA RESTAURANT AND THE ROCK OF GIBRALTAR COOKING CLASS REGISTRATION FORM
· PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CLASSES MUST BE PRE-PAID.
· NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE MADE UNLESS A CLASS IS FILLED OR CANCELLED.
· Include a check (payable to “The Rock of Gibraltar ”) or credit card number when returning this form. Mail to either
address at the bottom of this page.
· Make sure to include your full mailing address, including zip code, and don’t forget to include your phone number!
· Classes are hands-on, so dress appropriately.
· As a courtesy to our students, we will offer a 10% discount on purchases at The Rock of Gibraltar on the day of class.
CLASS TITLE(S) & DATE(S)________________________________________________________
VISA or M/C NUMBER_____________________________________________EXPIRES___________
IBERIA RESTAURANT 1026 Alma Street Menlo Park 94025 tel.650-325-8981
THE ROCK of GIBRALTAR COMESTIBLES 1022 Alma Street Menlo Park 94025 tel.650-327-0413
Visit our website: IBERIARESTAURANT.COM
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX TELEPHONE 650.325.8723